Alumni Volunteer Programs
The Faculty of Arts & Science and its academic units offer a range of programs aimed at connecting alumni with their fellow classmates, faculty, and staff, as well as supporting current students in transitioning to their post-U of T careers. Your level of commitment as an alumni volunteer is up to you—whether you have five minutes to upload a professional profile or are interested in an ongoing mentorship role, we have an opportunity for you!
Once you’ve checked out the full range of programs below—or if you have another idea in mind—use this form to let us know how you’d like to get involved.
- Backpack to Briefcase (b2B) – share your experience and advice with students at events on campus.
- Job Shadowing – host students at your place of business.
- Next Steps Conference – share your story as a panelist or an alumni ambassador.
- Connect Online – connect with students and fellow alumni online.
- Mentorship Programs – participate in a traditional one-on-one mentorship program coordinated by one of our participating academic units.
- Milestones and Pathways – support PhD candidates as they consider their paths after graduation.
- Alumni Ambassadors Abroad – connect with students who are on exchange.
- Recruitment Ambassadors – support the Faculty’s student recruitment efforts by speaking with prospective students about your experiences.