Opportunities for every level of commitment
Interested in becoming more involved in Arts & Science? We offer engagement opportunities requiring as little as 5 minutes of your time to as much as 10 hours.
Connect with Arts & Science in just 5-10 minutes
- Join our Backpack to Briefcase (b2B) group on LinkedIn and engage in a current discussion or start a discussion of your own, providing current students with career advice and what to expect as they transition beyond U of T.
- Nominate a current student for a Cressy Award recognizing their volunteer contributions to U of T, or nominate a fellow alumnus for an Arbor Award recognizing their volunteer contributions to U of T after graduation.
- Support current academic priorities (such as student scholarships and field education trips) by making an online donation to the Faculty of Arts & Science or your affiliated department/unit.
- Update your mail/email/work contact info so that you continue to receive communications from the University and the Faculty of Arts & Science (such as e-newsletters, the U of T Magazine, event e-vites).
- Contact your Faculty/College-affiliated alumni association for volunteer opportunities.
Connect with Arts & Science in 2-5 hours
- Join our Backpack to Briefcase (b2B) program as an alumni panelist or networking guest or host a b2B Mentorship Meal, sharing your U of T experience and providing career advice to students about to make the transition beyond U of T.
- Become an Alumni Recruitment Ambassador and interact with prospective Arts & Science students at recruitment events across the globe.
- Attend a U of T alumni event: SHAKER (young alumni), Alumni Reunion, regional events across the globe.
Connect with Arts & Science throughout the academic year (5-10 hours total)
- Join a student-alumni Mentorship Program, offered by some of our Arts & Science academic units. Mentors would be asked to meet one-on-one with their assigned student mentee once per month via in-person meetings, email, phone or Skype.